Wendy’s Amazing Muffins is a recipe sent to the Schmoosli team by a Schmoosli fan and we LOVE them!
I have a grave fear of being stranded between appointments, without a healthy snack to tide me over until my next meal break… yes I really do have this fear. So I make a batch of these on the weekend and pop them in an air tight container in the fridge. If I know I have a long day with appointments then I grab one, throw it in my bag (well in a tiny Tupperware container then in my bag) and am prepared to tackle any blood sugar slumps that should bowl me over! Made with wholemeal flour and Schmoosli, they provide a great source of wholegrains, nuts , seeds and fruit pieces and have very little fat added, instead using yogurt to bind the mixture together.” – Wendy
Thanks Wendy! Yummo!
- 3/4 cup white self raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Sabine Gets Serene Schmoosli
- 80g reduced fat canola spread
- 1 cup reduced fat vanilla yoghurt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 large granny smith apple; peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 200 C/180C fan forced. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases
2. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup muesli in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk spread, yoghurt and eggs together in a jug. Pour into well. Stir until just combined. Stir in apple.
3. Spoon mixture into paper cases. Combine honey and remaining muesli in a bowl. Spread muesli mixture over muffins. Press on lightly to secure. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked. Stand in pan for five minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Makes 12 muffins